Saturday, May 22, 2010

MacGruber


Anybody who's seen a MacGruber skit on SNL can tell you that they're painfully unfunny. Fortunately, this is not the case with the MacGruber movie.

Macgruber is definitely stupid, but it's also pretty damn hilarious. The jokes are spot-on almost all of the time, but every so often you'll find yourself laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of the whole thing.

Will Forte brings his TV character to life with spot-on comedic timing, and Kristin Wiig is hilarious, as always. Together, they provide most of the funniest gags. My only problem with the cast was Ryan Phillipe, who really has no business doing comedies like this in the first place.

MacGruber is definitely different from most of the rated-R comedies we've been seeing recently from people like Judd Apatow. It's much more juvenile in it's humor, but that's not necessarilly a bad thing. Sometimes its the ridiculous that gets us to laugh the hardest.

Don't be fooled by the terrible skits and trailers. MacGruber will surprise you with just how damn funny it really is. In my opinion, it's definitely one worth checking out.

B-

Kind of a fun fact: Tonight was the first time I legally purchased my own rated-R movie ticket. I felt so proud being able to hand them my ID and have them hand me that ticket. I'm glad it was an enjoyable movie as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment